Acceptable Use Policy
FirstDigital Telecom, LLC Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Service Agreement with FirstDigital Telecom. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document FirstDigital Telecom may suspend or terminate your account.
FirstDigital Telecom’s Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for FirstDigital Telecom Services is designed to help protect FirstDigital Telecom, FirstDigital Telecom's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by FirstDigital Telecom. FirstDigital Telecom reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of FirstDigital Telecom Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Resell the service, in whole or in part, charge others for the use of the service, or make available to anyone outside your premises the ability to use the service (including wireless or other methods of networking) or to use it for anything other than your own personal purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the service for operation as an Internet service provider, a server site for ftp, telnet, rlogin, e-mail hosting, web hosting or other similar applications and you will not provide any Internet access or any other feature of the service to any third party, will not act as an end-point on a non FirstDigital Telecom local or wide area network.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through FirstDigital Telecom's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on FirstDigital Telecom's servers, is prohibited. FirstDigital Telecom accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by FirstDigital Telecom customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any FirstDigital Telecom-hosted domain, or referencing any FirstDigital Telecom account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any FirstDigital Telecom customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the FirstDigital Telecom network or on another provider's network.
- Using FirstDigital Telecom Services to interfere with the use of the FirstDigital Telecom network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each FirstDigital Telecom customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from FirstDigital Telecom, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a FirstDigital Telecom customer will be forwarded to the FirstDigital Telecom customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the FirstDigital Telecom Acceptable Use Policy occur, FirstDigital Telecom reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating FirstDigital Telecom’s Policy as FirstDigital Telecom deems appropriate, without notice.
Last Modified: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 10:47:09 +0000